(701) 746-5431

Emergency Services



Types of Assistance
Assistance and referrals for immediate emergency needs such as utility disconnections, eviction notices and rent deposits are available to eligible applicants.  We also offer education and programs to help you overcome barriers to employment and put you on the road to self-sufficiency.  Call our office at 701-746-5431 to be referred to the appropriate case manager.


COVID CARES Assistance

Funds are available to assist with rent and utilities for those affected by COVID.  Call our office at 701-746-5431 for more information.

CSBG COVID Assistance Application (fill-in form)


Energy Share

Funded by utility companies and private donations, this service provides emergency funds to help pay utility bills of low-income people on fuel assistance.

Energy Share Application


Ernie J. Norman Women & Children’s Shelter

Owned by RRVCA, this home provides temporary safe housing and case management for women and children, who are homeless.

Shelter Brochure


Support Services Housing

This complex is designed to house families who were previously homeless.  To qualify, at least one adult member of the household must have a diagnosed disability.

Support Services Housing Brochure


Shelter Plus Care

The Shelter Plus Care Program is a program designed to provide housing and supportive services on a long-term basis for homeless persons with disabilities and their families who are living in either places not intended for human habitation or emergency shelters.  The program allows for a variety of housing choices and a range of supportive services in response to the needs of the hard-to-reach homeless population with disabilities.


Legal Aid

Legal Services of North Dakota is available to provide legal advice in civil cases to low-income persons. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Legal Aid does not currently hold office hours at RRVCA. Call Legal Services of North Dakota at 1-800-634-5263. Their intake is on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursday between 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.

NOTE:  When applying for the Rental Assistance, Deposit Assistance, or Energy Share, please include the appropriate checklist.

Rental Assistance Checklist (fill-in form)
Deposit Assistance Checklist (fill-in form)
Energy Share Checklist (fill-in form)