- Commodity Supplemental Food Program
- Ernie J. Norman Shelter House – The shelter is a safe and secure home environment for women and children who need shelter because of a crisis in their lives. If you would like to volunteer your time to help with household chores and/or prepare meals for clients and their children.
- Food Fellowship
- VITA – Learn to prepare tax returns and assist low-income individuals and families in filing their taxes. The IRS will provide a one-week training for volunteers to become certified to provide tax assistance. The knowledge you learn will help you in preparing your own taxes and help and understanding the tax laws. Please contact Kaye at 746-5431 or e-mail Kaye Seibel.
All Volunteer Positions will include a short training and tour of our offices and staff. Each volunteer must sign an Oath of Confidentiality to protect of names of Red River Valley Clients for privacy regulations.To select a specific volunteer option below please email email@example.com or call Kathryn at 701.746.5431.
Food Pantry and Commodities:
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (Park River and Grand Forks) 9am – 3pm: 5/16, 7/18, 9/19: This program serves low-income clients 60 years of age and over. Volunteers would meet on the date listed and the day following the distribution date to break down parcels and put together commodity boxes/bags for families and individuals; The second day is distribution. A vehicle and fuel would be provided for our volunteers. Four volunteers would be ideal for this project. This job may involve lifting.
- Fresh Distribution Monday, Thursday, Friday’s 9:30am -11:00am: Fresh deliveries. These jobs involve lifting and engaging with clients waiting in line for their family’s food.
- Food Pantry Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9:30am – 11am: Volunteers can put together food boxes and help with putting fresh food from our delivery van. These jobs involve lifting and engaging with clients waiting in line for their family’s food.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families(SSVF):
- Thursdays 9am-12pm: Our SSVF Coordinator needs help with filing, client file making, organizing, sending out letters to donors for homeless veteran’s needs.
- Warmer Days, Flexible to Volunteers Hours 9am – 5pm: Organizing Storage Garage for Veterans and Veteran Families. This is a bigger project, but we need your creativity. This job may involve lifting.
Miscellaneous Donation Pantry:
- 8am – 5pm: This is a smaller project and should not take a long time to complete. We need a couple motivated folks that can re-organize our donation pantry for low-income families and individuals. This pantry holds everything from hygienic items, blankets, clothes, child care items, and much more. We would love to see your creativity applied to this pantry in order to make our clients experience for efficient. This job may involve light lifting.
- Warmer Days, Flexible to Volunteers Hours 8am-5pm: We need help making our Women’s shelter more aesthetically pleasing for our clients. We have many projects that volunteers can work on: Repainting the house, creating a garden, cleaning up the outside space, tidying up the interior space (this could range from small fix-it projects to helping clean or install carpets). We also need assistance organizing our donation closets. This job may involve lifting.
- Flexible to Volunteers Hours 8am – 4pm: Our Tri-plex offers families shelter to aide in getting the head of the household back on their feet and to climb out of their low-income status. We house up to 3 families at a time. We could use some help on warmer days to do some outdoor maintenance (Putting down grass seed, making the exterior look more inviting, etc.) and some indoor work (Basic cleaning and maintenance of shared areas).
Marketing, Awareness, and Fundraising:
- Flexible to Volunteers Hours: This is an abstract project. One of RRVCA’s uphill battles is raising awareness in the Grand Forks Community about who we are, what we do, the realities of poverty, and how to implement change. This could be some in-work, at-home, and in-the-field work. Times are extremely flexible for this project and all ideas are encouraged! A lot of this is face-to-face, online, and other varieties of social engagement.
- Flexible to Volunteers Hours 8am – 4pm: Purging outdated client folders, filing, and data entry, organizing storage, reaching out to clients to remind them of supplemental food program dates and times.