Skip to main content

What We Do

Veterans Services

Supportive Services for Veterans Families (SSVF)

SSVF assists homeless veterans, or those at risk of becoming homeless, in securing safe and stable housing. To receive supportive services under this program, you must be:

  • A person who served in the military and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable.
  • Not currently serving on active duty in the military.
  • Veteran Family: A Veteran family is defined as a single person or a family in which the head of the household or the spouse of the head of household is a Veteran.
  • Very Low-income: Your household income does not exceed 50% of the area median income (as adjusted). For example, the income of a family of four living in Cass County may not exceed $34,700 annually. See below for your regional income limits.
  • Current Housing Situation: 
    • Currently residing in permanent housing; (such as rental property, non-owner of property); or
    • Currently homeless, scheduled to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days pending the location or development of suitable permanent housing; or
    • Exited permanent housing within the previous 90 days in order to seek housing more responsive to needs and preferences.

Services Include:

  • Case management
  • Assistance in obtaining Veteran Administration benefits
  • Assistance in coordinating and obtaining other benefits which may include referrals to: 
    • Health care services
    • Food pantries and other basic needs
    • Personal financial planning services
  • Transportation services
  • Temporary financial assistance of time-limited payments to third parties for: 
    • Rent
    • Utilities
    • Security and utility deposits
    • Transportation
    • Emergency supplies

Referral Form

General Intake Form

SSVF Program Contact

Darla Ahles, SSVF Case Manager
Region 4 (Grand Forks, Nelson, Pembina & Walsh counties)
(701) 746-5431

LaRon (Ronni) Greywater, SSVF Case Manager
Region 3 (Benson, Cavalier, Eddy, Ramsey, Rolette & Towner counties)
(218) 793-9906